OUR COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT
Pope Road Kindergarten is a not-for-profit association, managed by the Pope Road Blackburn Pre-School Association Incorporated, comprising of volunteer parents of children attending the kindergarten. The Committee of Management (Approved Provider) is elected at the Annual General Meeting, which is held in November each year. The Committee meets monthly, except for January.
The responsibility for the running of the kindergarten rests with the Committee and some of their duties include: –
- Responsibility for the financial management of the kindergarten.
- Employment of teaching staff.
- Maintenance and improvement of the buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Maintaining efficient links with local, state and national and governing bodies, including Department of Education & Training (DET) and
- Formulating and implementing policies in relation to the early childhood program, health and safety, enrolments, fees etc.
In addition to these duties the Committee has a role in providing support to the teaching staff, parents and children. Parents find time spent on this committee enjoyable and rewarding and a direct contribution to their child’s early year’s education.
3 Year Old Group Rep
4 Year Old Group Rep