Pope Road Kindergarten is committed to child safety, and has specific policies, procedures and training in place to achieve these commitments.
Pope Road Kindergarten:
- values, respects and cares for children, staff and volunteers
- is committed to the rights of all children, to feel safe, and be safe at all times, including:
- promoting the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island children
- promoting the cultural safety of children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- promoting the safety of children with a disability
- fosters opportunities for each child to participate, express their views and to learn and develop
- always acts in the best interests of each child and has zero tolerance of child abuse
- takes all reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of children at all times, whilst also promoting their learning and development
- actively manages the risks of abuse or harm to each child, including fulfilling our duty of care and legal obligations to protect children and prevent any reasonable, foreseeable risk of injury or harm
- continuously improves the way our kindergarten identifies risks of and responds to child abuse, and encourages reporting and improved responses to allegations of abuse
We have legal and moral obligations to contact
authorities when we are concerned about a child’s safety.
Our kindergarten has recruitment and induction practices in place for staff and volunteers and is committed to regular training and education for staff on child abuse risks.
For a full copy of our Child Safe Environment Policy please visit the policies section of our website. If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.